Serves : 4
400g turkey mince
25g fresh white breadcrumbs
2 garlic cloves , crushed
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion , chopped
1 carrot, diced
1 tsp fennel seeds
400g can of chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato purée
- Put the mince in a mixing bowl with the breadcrumbs and half the garlic. Season and mix well to combine.
- Using your hands, shape the mixture into 12 balls, then chill for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add the onion, carrot and remaining garlic. Cook for 5-6 mins until softened.
- Add the fennel seeds and cook for a few secs.
- Tip in the tomatoes with half a can of water, then stir in the tomato purée.
- Season and simmer for 15 mins until thickened.
- Using an electric hand blender, whizz until roughly smooth.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the meatballs for 8-10 mins until cooked through. Transfer to the sauce and simmer until piping hot. Serve with rice and salad